Monday 25 April 2011

More Dyeing with Woad

While looking for something else, I came across two skeins of wool that were treated and packed away in the aftermath of The Moths and The Move. As I had also spotted some more woad in the garden, and Easter Sunday was such a lovely sunny day, I decided to do some more dyeing.



I did the same basic recipe as I had done two days before But as you can see it has come out slightly different again.




I also tried to get pink again but ended up with a very pale blue. I have no idea why that isn't working, perhaps not enough alum, but too much alum gives the wool a slightly harsh feeling.


It doesn't really matter what colour it comes out as, because we can always use small amounts of different coloured wools to make interesting things. Now all I have to do is find my carders and oil up the spinning wheel!

1 comment:

mand said...

Feisty fishy foto-graffy. Horny damsel flies... nah, it doesn't have the same ring.