Wednesday 25 July 2007

My 30 Seconds of Joy

It is respite day today and Dxh came over to be with Ram, which I am really pleased about as I have a few things to do.

I went over to see MDF this morning, which was as good for me as it was her. I needed to get away from Ram and his clingyness, and the frustration of the carpenters, and having no kitchen to work in. I am actually getting fed up of eating store bought pizzas and soup!

When I got back from MDF's I was nabbed by the carpenters who needed to know where a shelf was going to go. As soon as Dxh heard my voice he can rushing in and said that I should go and rescue Ram who was on the toilet!

For a moment I was overjoyed! Ram usually refuses to have a pooh if I am not here, because he will only let me wipe his bum. I thought it was brilliant progress that he got onto the toilet while I wasn't here and how lucky it was that he finished just as I got back!

But my joy was short lived. It turned out that he had been sitting there for 30 minutes.

He decided he needed to go at 12, and held it in until 12.30, but then couldn't hold it any longer so went to the toilet, but then when he was finished he would let his Dad wipe his bottom, and he wouldn't get up without doing it. I felt so sorry for him.

The kitchen is coming alone, albeit slowly, which is a good thing because I don't think that Ram can take much more.

While all this is going on I am working on the government consultation on the guidelines for home education, as well as writing to Beverley Hughes to try and counteract some ultra varies ideas that my local authority has about home education.

So much to do and so little time!

No comments: