Monday 30 July 2007

My Boy Read Another Book!

Today was respite day so Dxh was here for Ram, and I was busy running around tying to buy lamp wicks. We have had so many power failures that our oil lamp wicks are running low. I always forget to buy more, until the winter comes and we have more power failures and then of course it is too late!

Unfortunately it seems that there is no call for wicks for domestic oil lamps so I guess it will be onto the Internet to find some. But I did get the varnish for the kitchen and a few other bits.

When I got back Ram and Dxh were having a great time. They had gone down to the petrol station and bought a sponge and were throwing it at each other! Ram was completely soaked and Dxh was pretty wet too! They were both in their own little Daddy-son world having a wonderful time. I am sure that most fathers don't get that close to their children. I think Dxh gets quite a lot out of being the respite carer. Almost worth being a single parent just for that!

Note I said almost worth it!

This evening I had a few things to do outside and when I came in Ram was happily reading a book to himself! He was reading the Bionicle book Makuta's Revenge, so it was hardly high brow literature, but for a boy who a couple of years ago couldn't read at all, I am really pleased.

But of course I can't get too excited about it or he will go off reading all together!

No comments: