Monday 13 August 2007

Closer to the Problem

We had another difficult day for Ram. Nothing was happening,but it was clear he was stressed and unhappy.

He spent a lot of time on the computer but not all of it was wasted. He now had his own Lego page!


When we went up to bed, we went into the bathroom as usual. He has his strict routine, as set out on the wall chart, of going to the toilet, brushing his teeth, and then washing his hands. I find that this is always a good time to chat with him, In fact, because our family had family meetings in the bathroom when I was a child, I made sure that when I designed the barn rather than have lots of little en suite bathrooms, I put in one large family bathroom with a comfy chair in it. And it works a treat!

So this evening I told Ram that I had two questions for him. I wanted him to listen to both of them before he answered them. The first was, 'Are you happy at this point in time?' and the second was, 'Are you generally happy?'

I then asked him again singly. To the first he said yes, because he had just figured out a joke! But when I asked the second he went all quiet, and said he was too tired to answer.

I think we might be getting closer to what the problem is for Ram.

No comments: