Thursday 2 August 2007

A Visit With Woody

More Harry Potter today. Ram is finally getting into it and wanted to carry on with reading it rather than play on the computer! I am really glad because I want to see how it ends!

We were supposed to go down to Ram's friend Woody (they have a wood next to their house!) this morning, but they were not sure when we could come because they also had to pick up Woody's sister Pony Girl (guess what she is into!) from a sleep over.

So we had to wait for a phone call to tell us that they were home. It came later than we were expecting so I jumped up and said, 'Time to go to Woody's' and started to get ready. Ram got his shoes on and we jumped in the car.

As we were driving down the road I noticed Ram was a bit quiet, so I looked over at him. He was as pale as a new shorn lamb! I then realised that I had moved to fast for him and he was in a panic!

When we got to the house I had to explain to Woody's mum that I had misjudged the speed at which Ram could cope with the transition. I had assumed that he would be ok with that sudden movement, because he was expecting to go, just didn't know when, but I was wrong. Luckily he was ok after a few minutes, and was eager to play on the Wii with Woody.

I followed Willow, Woody's mum, into the utility room, and on the way back to the kitchen for a cup of tea I noticed Woody in the sitting room on his own and no sign of Ram! I asked where Ram was and he didn't know, then we heard this little voice from upstairs!

Ram had assumed that the Wii was upstairs because that is where it is in his other friend's house, and he hadn't noticed Woody going into the sitting room!

We finally got them sorted out and they settled in for a good game while the mums had a welcome cup of tea.

The rest of the time today was spent reading guess what – Harry Potter!

No comments: