Wednesday 22 August 2007

I Used My Dyson!

Today is respite day, but we were a little bit behind in getting dressed as we were enjoying the book about the Myths behind Harry Potter. It is far more simple than the science books that we have been reading, but very interesting never the less.

As soon as Dxh got here and we got dressed I went over to see MDF. She is recovering very well from her most recent stroke, and we had a nice chat and cup of coffee.

Back in time for lunch for my boys, who were having a great time on the computer! Apparently Ram has found some cheats for the Lego Racers computer game. I have never seen him so excited!

Mind you, some of that is the excitement that he is going to be seeing his best friend Banana next week. He says he is not feeling so unhappy at the moment because he is so excited about the trip North. I am dreading it because I know how stressed he gets on the train, but he seems to be blocking that out at the moment and just dwelling on being there.

After lunch I managed to convince the boys to go to the disabled play park. This enabled me to get the vacuum out, for the first time since...I can't remember! I think I have only vacuumed three times since our cleaner left us! There was so much dog hair on the rug by the sofa that you couldn't see what colour that rug was! Arrow seemed a bit disconcerted with the vacuum. I wonder if she has forgotten what it is, or was worried that the boys were gone, or maybe with her hearing loss she was hearing strange things from it.

But what ever, I managed to clean up both rugs (we have mainly wooden floors) and get the dust off of the new sofa with the lovely new sofa attachment (I love Dyson!) and then get all the sawdust off the floors as well. It looks like a new house!

I know that many people won't get how exciting it is to use a vacuum, but when you can't because of a child's disability, these little things suddenly become very exciting!

When they came back from the play park Ram started watching Raven but you could see that he was still very hyper. Dxh told me that there was another family there who had a young boy who was deaf, a 16 year old who was deaf and autistic and living in a care home, and the older boys carer from the care home.

This carer got talking to them, and told them about how he had been in a bike accident at age 15, was in a comma for months, but then made a complete recovery. Apparently Ram listen attentively and even interrupted politely to ask questions! Apparently the story went on for 15 minutes! It shows that Ram has learned the art of conversation, at least he has learned how to apply it when there is something that he is interested in!

Another episode of Heroes tonight. At the end they said there is an art game on the BBC website so we will have to had a go at that tomorrow.

No comments: