Wednesday 29 August 2007

Nearly a Disaster!

When I am at Ursula's house I get to stick to my same early morning routine; coffee and emails at 6!


But because the house is set up differently to ours we have to use the old baby monitors so that I can hear when Ram wakes up. I went to find them to turn them on and I couldn't! I knew that I had packed them and should have put them out the night before. I search the suitcase and the room but just couldn't see them!

So I ended up on the floor outside the bedroom with a laptop and a cup of coffee! Not a comfortable place to be! Why do they call them laptops when they don't work on your lap!

Luckily later in the day when we opened the curtains we found that the monitors were rapped up in the curtains and were there all along!

We nearly had another disaster when we went to a play park that Ram specially asked to go to. He had been there before and was really looking forward to it, but when we got there is was very crowded and he couldn't play on what he wanted to in the way he wanted to. We had our picnic and all the while Ram was in tears of rage saying how he wanted to kill people. We listened respectfully, and reflected back to him what he was saying ("yes, I can see that this situation is making you feel very angry") and when he had calmed down we were able to suggest that he climb a tree instead. He took this up and the three of them climbed a tree for a while, then we managed to rescue the trip by buying ice-creams!

There was a long walk back to the car where there were not so many people and the children all had a good time there, so even thought it was really disappointing and upsetting for Ram to not have the experience we were expecting, it did end on a positive note.

And all I can say is thank goodness we home educate and that the schools will be going back soon!

No comments: